We the Indian Australian cricket loving community are deeply saddened by the sudden death of cricketer Phillip Hughes.
Members of India Sports Club have been great fans of Phillip and many of our youngsters looked up to Phillip as their role model. His tenacity and perseverance were hall marks of his career which was cut short by cruel fate.
Phillip's phenomenal rise from the small town in North Coast to the Australian Test team and his century in each innings of just his second test against South Africa will forever be etched in our memories.
We believed that Phillip's best was yet to come and he was regaining his form and was knocking on the door of the selectors for selection for the upcoming test series against India. We miss him immensely.
We offer our condolences to Phillip's family and friends, his teammates and the entire cricket fraternity around the world, particularly in Australia and India.
President, India Sports Club
Contact: 0418 649 904
India Sports Club is a member of Cricket NSW and NSW District Cricket Association and a Non Profit organization founded in 2002.
ISC is mainly involved in the promotion of sports acticity across Sydney, Australia.
ISC's annual growth is 27% with E-database of 45,000 members and friends.
- Contribute to the process of strengthening the evolving multicultural society of Australia through the medium of sports
- Encourage community for getting involved with various sporting events to help reduce obesity issues
- Facilitate the enhancement of sporting links between Australia and the rest of the world in general and Indian subcontinent in particular
- Coordinate and support the exchange of players and coaches between the Indian subcontinent and Australia with the help of sponsoring organization
- Sep - Nov: Cricket Champions Trophy 1
- Jan - Apr: Cricket Champions Trophy 2
- Feb - Mar: Badminton Tournament
- Apr-May: Table Tennis Tournament
- May: Award Presentation Ceremony
- June: Kids Coaching AFL / Soccer
- October: Sports Management for Overseas Team
- Affiliated to Cricket NSW and NSW District Cricket Association in Nov 2006
- Semi finalist in debut tournament of NSW DCA's Telegraph Shield 06/07
- Semi finalist in Cricket Masala at Bankstown Oval in 2007
- ISC's player Jay Poria has been selected for Cricket NSW's under 19 team
- State of the art tour fixture for state grade team from India in April 2007
- Year 2007 Award Presentation Night held at Parravilla Function Centre with honorable guests & Sports Minister Mr Graham West, AFL General Manager Mr. Dale Holmes, Minister to Local Government Mr. Paul Lynch, Cricket NSW CEO Mr. David Gilbert and Cricket NSW's director Mr. Harry Harinath
- Year 2006 Award Presentation Night held on Sydney Harbor Cruise with honorable guests and Cricket NSW CEO Mr. David Gilbert, Cricket NSW director Mr. Harry Harinath and Kingsgrove Sport's Mr. Harry Soloman